Saturday, February 27, 2021

The SECRET to better writing

 

Ephesians 4:29 

King James Version

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed 

out of your mouth, 

but that which is good to the use of edifying, 

that it may minister grace unto the hearers.


Read you material out loud.

That's the simple secret to writing better.

When you start hearing your own voice, and words, you'll either cringe, or rejoice.

Then you can make adjustments to your work, so you can deliver something really clear, simple, and precise.

It just felt right to read my material out loud to myself.

I needed to hear what I had written.

Lo and behold, I caught my mistakes on time!

Written material sounds so different when spoken out loud.

Try it.

Will surely make a marked improvement in your writing.

Others may want to record themselves, so they can play it back.

I'm quite happy just reading my material out loud, without disturbing people around me, and making quick corrections.

I really have very simple methods.

They work for me.


Updated 4 March 2022


SIGN of wisdom

  Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is  love, joy, peace,  longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 ...