Saturday, February 27, 2021

WRITE with heart

 

1 Corinthians 13:1 

King James Version

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, 

and have not charity, 

I am become as sounding brass, 

or a tinkling cymbal.


I used to write with art.

Now, as a born again, I write with heart.

Self has gone.

Evaporated.

Poof!

Only God remains.

And rightfully so!

Now, my writing has taken on new power, only because the Holy Spirit directs every thought, word, or move.

And now, I can share with you my new knowledge in Christ, too.

Before Christ, my writing was good enough.

After Christ?

My writing zoomed to greater heights, for the glory of God.

Why all this talk about God?

Why must our writing have God in it?

Who, and what is God?

Ah, great question!

1 John 4:8 

King James Version

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; 

for God is love.


Thing is, unless you're born again, you cannot possibly imagine the enormity of God's love.

You will still be of the world, and the world and God are not one.

Only by being gifted with the Holy Spirit, can you learn many things of Christ.

Your life will improve.

Your work will improve.

Your writing will be of God.

Things will become clearer to you.

Everything will breathe of Christ.

Writing becomes just one avenue, for God to live in you.

Oh, that rhymes!

Let's make a poem out of it.

Writing becomes just one avenue, 

for God to live in you.


You see what I mean?

The old me couldn't have produced that kind of material.

My writing flows beautifully now, only because I have drunk from the well offered by the Lord Jesus.

John 4:14 

King James Version

14 But whosoever drinketh 

of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; 

but the water that I shall give him 

shall be in him a well of water 

springing up into everlasting life.


Every word becomes important.

Words gather together beautifully to serve God, for a born again.

In the process of serving God, you serve others better, for God is in your heart.

You become a true child of God, obedient to His will.

If your desire is simply to write well, you can, and you will be able to -- but you will still serve the fallible, corrupt world.

But if your desire is to write things pleasing to the Lord, you must become born again. 

John 3:5-7 

King James Version

5 Jesus answered, 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, 

he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; 

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, 

Ye must be born again.


Unless you follow the Lord's command, your writing will be of the world, and thus, not of Christ.

Now that you know God is love, you cannot treat writing with heart, as a plain chore.

If you do, you will get plain results.

Or maybe, no results at all.

Only because you have no idea what God can really do.

You have no idea what clarity God can give you.

1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV)

33 For God is not the author of confusion, 

but of peace, 

as in all churches of the saints.


Updated 4 March 2022


SIGN of wisdom

  Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is  love, joy, peace,  longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 ...